If you have forgotten the password of your JMU account, you can set a new password with "Password Reset". A PIN will be sent to a private or alternative email address.
Attention: Employees, lecturers and guests can only use Password Reset if they have previously entered a mail address for Password Reset (see "Information on alternative / private mail address" below on this page).
- Go go Passwort Reset
- Enter your username and date of birth.
The user name is the one you use to log in to the mail system, WueStudy or WueCmpus, for example.
- You will automatically receive an e-mail with a PIN to your private e-mail address.
- Open the e-mail and click on the link in the e-mail to set a new password.
- The PIN is valid for 60 minutes.
- If you do not reset the password within 60 minutes, you must request a new PIN via Passwort Reset.
- You can only request a new PIN once within 60 minutes.
Alternatives to the password reset - e.g. if you have not entered a private mail address or have entered an invalid one - can be found under Passwort JMU-Account .
If you have any questions, please contact IT-Support of Rechenzentrum.
Students and applicants
can use password reset without preparation. The PIN will be sent to the private email address given when enrolling or applying to study in WueStudy.
Employees, lecturers, guests of the JMU
can only use password reset if they have BEFORE (when the password was known) an alternative e.g. private mail address deposited. The mail address can be entered via User-Portal under "Contact data for password reset".
Employees of cooperating institutions (UKW, teaching hospital)
can use password reset without preparation, whereby the PIN is sent to the official mail address of the home institution, which is deposited with us for the JMU account.