Use eduroam® CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool) for setting up eduroam. The installer will automatically configure access to eduroam on your device. You only need an active internet connection, e.g. via mobile network or @BayernWLAN and a user account of the university.
What do you have to do?
- start a browser on your device, e.g. Firefox, iOS / macOS Safari, there is an app necessary for Android "Specially for ..."
- visit the site https://cat.eduroam.org
- download the eduroam® installer from this site
- follow the instructions for configuration
Login: your eduroam user name is always <username>@uni-wuerzburg.de
Therefore, please add @uni-wuerzburg.de to your username (the one you login to WueStudy for example). Attention: it is not your e-mail address.
- The username and password must be entered when connecting to eduroam and not during configuration.
use Safari only to visit https://cat.eduroam.org. Errors may occure using other browsers.
In general, we recommend deleting all eduroam profiels and reinstalling eduroam by using the CAT tool in case of problems.
Make sure you use the correct username (s.......@uni-wuerzburg.de).
The password is the same one you use to lg in to the mail program or WueStudy.
It often helps to switch WiFi off and on angain. Then reconnect to eduroam.
With iPhones and iPads, the eduroam connection is sometimes only established after several connection attempts.
- from the menu select "Settings" and go to "WLAN"
- Long press the network profile eduroam
- Select forget network from the popup that appears and it will delete the network profile
- Windows Icon - Settings - Network & Internet
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Manage known networks, click eduoram
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Select the profile you wish to remove (eduroam)
- Select Remove.
- If asked, enter your device's security PIN number.
- Select the WiFi symbol along the top menu bar and click on Open Network Preferences at the bottom of the drop down menu.
- Click on WiFi in the menu on the left and click Advanced located at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
- Select eduroam and click the minus sign. Click OK.
- Button [Windows] and [R]
- write next to Open: cmd - klicke Open
- a new window appears
- to show the WiFis, write the command: netsh wlan show profiles
- to delete eduroam profil, write the command: netsh wlan delete profile name=eduroam
We strongly recommend setting up eduroam exclusively via eduroam® CAT. This way, all parameters are entered correctly and thus ensure a secure connection. You avoid possible securit gaps which could lead to password theft. Start the configuration via the eduroam page of the Rechenzentrum, from where you will be redirected to the eduroam CAT Homepage .
Profiles for almost all current devices and operating systems are offered via eduroam® CAT. If there is no profile for your system, it is probably outdated and may no longer be connected to the uninetwork.
Only set up eduroam manually in exceptional cases:
First install the root certificate T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 belonging to the Radius Server (radius.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de) on your device:
Set up eduroam with these parameters:
- SSID: eduroam
- Security: WPA2 Enterprise
- Encryption: AES
- EAP-Method: EAP-TTLS
- Phase 2 authentication: PAP
- CA Certificate: T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2
- Domain: uni-wuerzburg
- Identity: <Your Username>@uni-wuerzburg.de
- Anonymous identitiy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: The password of your JMU account.
The verification of the server you authenticate to should be enabled.
The name of the server ist: radius.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de