(Statutory body under public law)
Sanderring 2, 97070 Würzburg
Contact details of the data protection officer
Data Protection Officer of the Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg
With regard to the processing of your personal data, you, as a data subject, have the following rights under Art. 15 e.g. GDPR to:
- You can request information about whether we process personal data from you. If this is the case, you have the right to information about these personal data as well as to other information related to the processing (Art. 15 GDPR). Please note that in certain cases this right of access may be limited or excluded (see in particular Art. 10 BayDSG).
- In the event that personal data about you is no longer (no longer) accurate or incomplete, you may request a correction and, if necessary, completion of such data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- If the legal requirements are met, you can request the deletion of your personal data (Art. 17 GDPR) or the restriction of the processing of this data (Art. 18 GDPR). However, the right to erasure under Art. 17 sec. 1 and 2 GDPR does not exist, among other things, if the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task. This is in the public interest or is in the exercise of official authority (Art. 17 sec. 3(3) (b GDPR).
- If you have consented to the processing or if there is a contract for data processing and the data processing is carried out by means of automated procedures, you may have the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
- If there is an international transfer of personal data without the basis of an adequacy decision of the EU Commission, you have the right to obtain a copy of the contractual guarantees upon request to us.
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority within the meaning of Article 51 GDPR about the processing of your personal data. The Bavarian State Commissioner for Data Protection, Wagmüllerstraße 18, 80538 Munich, is responsible for the supervisory authority for Bavarian public authorities. In addition to the right of complain, you may also seek for a judicial remedy.
Withdrawal of consent
Insofar as the processing is carried out on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation only works for the future; that is, the revocation does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
For reasons arising from your particular situation, you can also object to the processing of personal data concerning you by us at any time (Art. 21 GDPR). If the legal requirements are met, we will no longer process your personal data.
The obligation to archive with its precedence over the deletion remains unaffected in the context of limits for the deletion of data.
- The University of Würzburg manages a comprehensive collaboration and communications solution via https://uni-wuerzburg.zoom.us/.
- The solution is provided Telekom Deutschland GmbH who is reselling the solution by Zoom Video Communications Inc. as a regulated electronic communications service provider.
- If you use Zoom, you can be found by all other users worldwide for the purpose of communication.
The scope of this information covers
- Managing account information, profile and participant information, contacts and calendar integrations, service settings, registration information, and device information
- Organization of meetings and webinars
- Content and context of meetings, webinars, and messages
- Recordings of meetings or webinars
Purposes of the processing
License and use of the Zoom collaboration and communication solution as a tool for teaching, research and administration, including statistical analysis. This includes the use of the licensed products and services (including worldwide visibility and discoverability within the Zoom solution for communication purposes), provision of updates, ensuring information security, and technical and customer support.
Legal bases of the processing
Provision of the service and statistical analysis
Art. 6.1.e GDPR + Art. 4 BayDSG (e.g. articles 2, 10, 55 BayHSchG)
Provision as working equipment
- Art. 6.1.b GDPR + Art. 4 BayDSG (§ 106 Gewerbeordnung)
- Art. 6.1.c and e GDPR + Art. 4 BayDSG (Art. 33 Abs. 5 GG)
- Art. 6.1.c. GDPR + § 3a Abs. 1 ArbStättV
For event recordings
- Art. 6.1.b GDPR case of contracts with record-keeping obligations
- Art. 6.1.a GDPR in the other cases
Disclosure to Zoom, as far as no data processing
Protected by the confidentiality of the communications pursuant to § 3 TTDSG.
Disclosure to participants or users
Exercise of fundamental rights, in particular freedom of expression, teaching and research.
Categories of personal data
|Number||Categories of personal data|
|2||profile and participant information|
|3||contacts and calendar integrations|
|5||content and context of meetings, webinars, and messages|
|6||recordings of meetings or webinars|
|7||data from due provisioning of electronic communications service|
Recipients, international flow of personal data and safeguards
|Number by |
|Recipients||Reason for disclosure||Place of storage||Safeguards|
|1||Users||electronic communications service||electronic directory||Does not count as international data transfer|
|1-6||Telekom Deutschland GmbH, Zoom Video Communications, Inc. andfurther data processors||data processing||worldwide||Standard contractual clauses|
|5||Participants||communication||worldwide||Outside the scope of application according to Art. 85 GDPR|
|7||electronic communications service provider||electronic communications service||worldwide|| |
Confidentiality of the communications
Limits for the deletion of the different categories of data
|Number by |
|Limits for the deletion|
|1, 3, 4||30 days after deletion of the account or end of contract|
|2||30 days after the end of the event. |
In aggregated form also 12 months. Cloud-based storage does not take place.
|5||Unless recorded, chat messages are deleted after 12 months.|
|6||After withdrawal of consents required for publication and storage of the recording or after omission of necessity for publication and storage of the recording. Cloud-based storage does not take place.|
|7||Responsibility of the electronic communications service providers|
Obligation to provide personal data
Without the provision of account information (for the hosting person or in case of closed meetings), the accruing traffic data and the information about your used terminal equipment you cannot use the service.
Electronic Communications Service
As of December 1, 2021, Zoom's meeting and webinar solution are regulated electronic communications services. For those services Zoom Video Communications Inc. is responsible.
In principle, it is possible for all Zoom users to communicate with you.
Support by Zoom
Support is provided by Zoom under its own responsibility. Please avoid disclosing personal data unless necessary to resolve the issue.
Website of Zoom
For the websites of Zoom, Zoom is the responsible in terms of data protection and privacy laws.
The University is only responsible for the JMU entry page in terms of data protection, but not for the redirects to provide the electronic communications services and the links "Download Client" or"Zoom Support" .
The following supplementary regulations apply in accordance with § 7 section 10 User Regulations for Information Processing Systems of the University of Würzburg:
- A recording will only be made if the person to be recorded has given his or her consent via Zoom Client.
- He or she generally agrees to the video recording and thus undertakes to act in accordance with the current copyright law as well as to inform the auditorium by means of Zoom Client before each recording that this event is being recorded. After completion of the recording, the video must be sent to the University's Information Technology Center.
- The Information Technology Center and its contracted service providers (currently Microsoft Ireland Operations Ltd.) are permitted to add closed captions to the video for accessibility purposes, including translations of the closed captions into other languages.
- The video data and subtitles are streamed via a video streaming server. Depending on the wishes of teachers, the video material will be integrated as course material in one area of the respective WueCampus courses.
- Upon request, the recorded videos and subtitles can be made available for download.
- On the streaming server, the recorded videos are kept for a maximum of 2 years. Afterwards they will be deleted from the server. The persons will be informed about the deletion before this time.
If you have any questions regarding the recording, please contact the multimedia services team: firstname.lastname@example.org.